Written by Stéfanie Crevier, our newest recruit Naturopathic student at the Quebec Institute of Naturopathic Education, massage therapist, founder of the Natural Care Refuge, culinary explorer, but especially the mother of three wonderful children, Stéfanie joins our team to to share with you his favorites, his healthy recipes, his eco tips, his discoveries and his ideas to make your family life easier!
Omnipresent in the world of health products for several decades, chlorophyll remains a little mysterious and unknown to this day. Let me tell you a little bit about it. Believe me, I have done a lot of research and discussed the subject at length with Land Art's founder, Michael, for whom chlorophyll is THE product “par excellence” that everyone should take.
I hesitated for awhile before discussing it since I was a skeptical myself but let me tell you that although I was not idle with my arguments and doubts, I found answers to all my questions, well-founded, clear and scientific answers.
In Greek, Kloros means "green" and Phyllos means "leaf", some may know, but chlorophyll is the green pigment of the leaves produced by chloroplasts. It allows photosynthesis, the production of fructose and oxygen from CO2 (carbon dioxide) and water.
What you may not know is that the chlorophyll molecule is very similar to the hemoglobin molecule in our blood. It has an almost identical structure, except for its nucleus, an iron atom for blood and a magnesium atom for chlorophyll. Of course, many skeptics say that chlorophyll as is, is difficult for our body to assimilate because of the envelope of chloroplasts (living plant cells) that protect it. Unfortunately, this means that pressing leaves alone is not enough.
There are two extraction methods to obtain pure chlorophyll:
Extraction with a chemical solvent: Saponification is done with caustic soda or potash. Chlorophylline sodium or chlorophylline potassium is then obtained.
Supercritical CO2 extraction: This method makes it possible, by playing on the density of CO2 by setting the pressure and temperature, to target different molecules of interest. With this method, cupric chlorophyllin is obtained. It is the latter that is used by Land Art in the composition of its formulas. It’s 100% effective, assimilable and accessible to all.
Here are the PROVEN benefits of chlorophylline (chlorophylline):
- It acts as an internal deodorant: bad breath, sweat, stools, urine, food odours and menstrual odours. Its deodorant effectiveness has also been demonstrated in people who have undergone colostomy.
- Without being a laxative, chlorophyll has a normalizing effect on intestinal transit.
- It has antioxidant capacities. These capacities are 1000 times higher than xanthines: caffeine, theophylline, theobromine (tea, coffee, maté, chocolate). They are 20 times higher than those of resveratrol (blackberries, grapes, wine).
- It has anti-cancer properties. Several studies have shown the effectiveness of chlorophyllin in reducing cancer risk..
- Its components being anti-inflammatory, it accelerates healing. Its effects are healing and anti-inflammatory when applied directly to wounds.
- It is alkalinizing. It adjusts the level of PH (acidity) in the body. High levels of PH can cause skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema.
On that note, I’m convinced that at least one of the benefits of chlorophyll has appealed to you, so don't hesitate any longer, try it and improve your health day after day!