Wrote by Stephanie Oswald Certified Health Coach (IIN, graduated 2014) and an Registered Holistic Nutritionist.
A superior liquid multivitamin for optimal health and deficiency prevention.
Vitamins are essential nutrients needed by the body for many physiological functions. With the acceptation of some B-vitamins and Vitamin-D, Vitamins cannot be made by the body and need to be consumed through diet or supplement daily. Land Art’s liquid multivitamin for adults and children, Multivit contains critical vitamins needed daily including; Beta carotene, Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D3, E and Folate.
Some of the most important functions of each vitamin are:
- Vitamin A adds to cellular protection as well as resistance to infection. It is also important for reproduction, healthy skin, eyes and hair.
- Vitamin D is needed for the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, thus making it integral for healthy strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that aids in healing, prevents scaring, aids in the health of nerves and red blood cells and protects cell membranes.
- Vitamin K makes factors crucial for proper blood clotting. ( not present in the Multivit)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) is needed for the conversion of food to energy, growth, fertility and the maintenance of healthy cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) helps the body release energy from food, promotes growth and is needed for the maintenance of healthy eyes, hair, skin and nails.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) helps in releasing energy from food, is involved in blood sugar control, integral for skin health and the health of the digestive and nervous systems.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) helps the body release energy from food, aids in antibody formation, maintains the health of the nervous system and skin.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) is essential for protein metabolism, red blood cell formation, antibody and neurotransmitter production.
- Folate works with B12 to protect and develop the nervous system and in the production of genetic material. It is integral for the production of red blood cells for baby in utero and protects against birth defects.
- Biotin is essential for energy and sex hormone production, fat and protein metabolism and healthy hair, skin and nails. ( not present in the Multivit)
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and is important for immune system function and collagen production.
There are two main vitamin groups; the Water-soluble vitamins and Fat-soluble. Water-soluble vitamins are absorbed using water and are easily excreted through urine. Because we excrete excess amounts so easily and use up these vitamins so readily, they need to be replenished through diet every day. The water-soluble vitamins are the 8 essential B vitamins and Vitamin C. Fat-soluble vitamins are absorbed using Lipids (fats) so they are mainly found in foods with substantial fat content. They can store very well within the body tissues, this means we can function for long periods of time without intaking them. The Fat-soluble vitamins are vitamins A, D, E and K.
Our Vitamin needs can vary based on our lifestyle choices and diet. A nutrient deficient or weight loss diet may not meet our daily vitamin needs, leaving us vulnerable to deficiencies. Lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and high stress also contribute to deficiencies.
Land Art Liquid MultiVit is an exceptionally bioavailable and easily assimilated multi vitamin containing all the vitamins we need for a healthy body and mind daily. It can help you ensure you are meeting your daily Vitamin needs for optional body function, energy, deficiency prevention and even to promote a healthy mood.
Morning Power Smoothie
- 1 Tbsp Land Art Multivit
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cored and sliced apple
- Half a banana
- 2 tsp hydrated chia seeds
- Handful spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
1.Place coconut water, Multivit, chia seeds, protein, apple, banana and spinach in a blender.
2.Blend on high until smooth.