Written by Stéfanie Crevier, our newest recruit Naturopathic student at the Quebec Institute of Naturopathic Education, massage therapist, founder of the Natural Care Refuge, culinary explorer, but especially the mother of three wonderful children, Stéfanie joins our team to to share with you his favorites, his healthy recipes, his eco tips, his discoveries and his ideas to make your family life easier!
My green smoothie
Today, I would like to share with you my super delicious green smoothie recipe, filled with healthy and nourishing ingredients that will help "clean" your system.
If you like food as I do, you will agree that it is not always easy to be mindful of what you eat. Temptation is everywhere and it’s even worse when you have a sweet tooth like I do!
As a great substitute for breakfast, my green smoothie does not contain dairy products or gluten, so it's really healthy.
To make my green smoothie, you will need:
- -1 medium banana cut into slices (for its good carbohydrates and a silky texture)
- -1/3 avocado sliced into cubes (for its good fats and creamy texture)
- -1 handful of baby spinach (for fiber and nutrients)
- -1/2 to 1 cup cucumber peeled and cut into pieces (to add freshness)
- -1/2 to 1 cup of natural coconut water (for its electrolytes and light sweet taste)
- -2 tbsp. freshly ground chia seeds (for its good fats, proteins and fibers)
- -1 tbsp. of unsweetened almond butter (for its proteins)
- -2 tbsp. oatmeal flakes (for its good whole carbohydrates)
My last but not least ingredient, is 1 tsp of Land Art 5X Natural Concentrated Chlorophyll. This chlorophyll comes from GMO-free, premium alfalfa and is an excellent antioxidant; it will help your body get rid of toxins. All you have to do next is to mix it all in your blender and you’re good to go!
My green smoothie contains everything your body needs in terms of good fats, proteins, carbohydrates and fibers to help you have a great start in the morning, and feel full until lunch time!
So guys, I hope you achieve your fitness goals, and most importantly, along with my green smoothie, don’t forget to include some exercises, outdoors activities and healthy breaks for a complete physical and mental well-being.
Try my green smoothie recipe and share your comments!