Written by Stéfanie Crevier, our newest recruit Naturopathic student at the Quebec Institute of Naturopathic Education, massage therapist, founder of the Natural Care Refuge, culinary explorer, but especially the mother of three wonderful children, Stéfanie joins our team to to share with you his favorites, his healthy recipes, his eco tips, his discoveries and his ideas to make your family life easier!
Summer wouldn't be complete without homemade smoothies and slush recipes, but this one has a little something extra, it contains several ingredients that will support your physical and mental performance and give you a gentle boost of energy for several hours! This recipe contains Shisandra, Yerba maté, cola nut, Siberian ginseng and carnitine, all powerful ingredients that stimulate the central nervous system, improve alertness, fight fatigue, increase physical and mental endurance and have antioxidant effects.
But where to get all the ingredients you might say? That sounds like a lot of ingredients for a simple slush! But I can reassure you right away, the only need thing you need is a bottle of VOLTA from Land Art Canada! This little energy bomb contains all the powerful ingredients listed above. You can buy it in packs of ten and keep some handy for the days when fatigue seems to outweigh you!
There are several ways to drink Volta, the easiest is directly from the bottle. The taste is pleasant, just sweet enough and the bottle fits well in your purse. Personally, I love adding it to my homemade slush or smoothies. I think it's a great way to consume them, while adding nutritional value and a thirst quenching side to it! It often replaces my coffee in the morning and I love the fact that there is no feeling of heart racing, the effect is soft and long-lasting, and has got nothing to do with the energy drink you get from corner store!
So today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite recipes, simple and effective on all points, but it's only for adults, unless you're a little crazy and you want to give your children even more energy than they already have!
Ingredients for 1 slush:
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1/2 lime (with the skin)
- A few basil leaves
- A full bottle of Volta
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (for the sweet teeth)!
- 1 cup of water
- 15 ml of liquid pomegranate aloe vera from Land Art*
* It's optional in the recipe but I always add it to my smoothies and slush because aloe vera has many virtues, namely relieving pain due to irritation of the mucous membranes, stimulating and regulating digestive and intestinal functions, and eliminating toxins.
- 1.Put all the ingredients in your blender and add water if necessary to obtain a beautiful slush texture!
- 2.ENJOY this little energy boost for your long days!
VIDEO IN FRENCH ONLY